Have you ever seen a lovely person?
lovely (adj.): 1) charmingly or exquisitely beautiful, 2) having a beauty that appeals to the heart or mind as well as to the eye.
I have. Several come to mind. I hope you know who you are.
These are the qualities I consistently see in lovely people.
1) They love others more than they love themselves.
2) They are gracious and courteous.
3) They appreciate all things pure, unspoiled, beautiful, and miraculous — however ordinary they may be.
4) They are not concerned with their social status.
5) But they make the most of whatever their social status happens to be.
6) They do not aspire to things that lack substance, valuing what is true over what looks good.
7) They have poise and take care of their appearance.
8 ) They speak kindly.
9) They seek out the good in people.
10) They are modest and humble.
11) They give of themselves generously and constantly.
…Whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.
Have you seen a lovely person? What defines loveliness to you?